Please be advised that this is a freeware (copyright reserved by Alinco, Inc), but an optional ERW-7 cable is necessary for operations. Although we have tested this software on our Windows7 environments and experienced no serious accident during the operation, we are not responsible of any eventual damage caused to your radio and/or PC system by using this utility. Sorry, please do not contact us for how to use the software, as this is a very simple editor software. The updates will be posted here when available. Please uninstall the older version before you install the latest one in case of update.
This software enables you to program frequencies, set parameters and save it in your PC for any version of DR-B185H.
DR-B185H Clone Utility (0.2MB/Ver103_minor bugs fixed July 2015)
An optional ERW-7 PC connection cable is required. Connect it between an USB port of your PC and the external speaker port on the back of the radio. Before start using ERW-7, be sure to install a VCP driver software available from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
- Start the utility program DR-B185.exe. Select the [Set] menu in the tool bar. Select the COM port your ERW-7 has been assigned by PC. To identify, use the Device Manager tool in the Control Panel of your Windows. (Device manager>PORT(COM & LPT)>USB Serial Port(COM**))
- To prepare with DR-B185, press both FUNC and SQL keys together while turning on. [CODE] is displayed with 3digit firmware version.
- Press FUNC key 3 times consecutive to display [EDITOR], and the unit is now ready to communicate with the PC.
- The utility program is very simple, just like all other utilities of radio products of this kind. Details of parameters are well-explained in the instruction manual. The programmable frequencies are hardware dependent; it receives and transmits in the frequencies according to the radio's specification.
- To test the proper connection between the radio and the PC, click on [Program] on the tool bar and select [Read from radio].When the PC communication is successful, a progress bar appears to show the programming state.
- To edit memory channels, select Startup page, point and click on the line to open the Memory channel window.
- DTMF / 2-Tone features become available only when these parameters are programmed in relative pages in advance.
- This utility can be used as an update tool of firmware, however, it does NOT mean that an update firmware will be available in future.
- To write the edited data to the radio, select [Write to radio] from the Program menu. To save/recall edited data, use the [File] menu on the tool bar.
- Just delete the folder containing DR-B185.exe and ini file to uninstall the program.