There's a world of adventure riding the airwaves and Alinco's DJ-X3 puts you
in the middle of the action. Ride along with pilots of jet aircraft. Listen
to the fire brigade battling against time to save lives. Get tomorrow's news
today from short wave foreign broadcasts. Listen to ham radio operators
enjoying their hobby. Be there when the police bring a criminal to justice.
Attach optional stereo headphones or amplified speakers and enjoy a stereo
FM transmission featuring your favorite music. But wait, there's more ! Your
DJ-X3 can help you find hidden transmitters that may bug your home, office
or hotel room. You can also decode inversion scrambled signals.
- Coverage range: 0.1 to 1300 MHz
- 700 memory channels (10 banks x 70ch/bank)
- 20 pairs of programmed-scan memory channels, 8 priority channels and 100
search-pass memory channels that skips scan even in VFO/Programmed-scan mode
- VFO, Programmed, Preset, and Memory scan modes with memory-skip capability
- Scans 20steps p/s in VFO mode, 10 channels p/s in memory mode.
- 11 different steps plus an automatic-step mode
- Palm-fitting, lightweight, easy-to-carry compact body
- WFM, WFM/stereo, NFM and AM modes
- An SMA rubber-ducky, earphone (optional) and internal ferrite-bar antennas (AM/SW)
improve reception capability and operational flexibility.
- Bug detector finds hidden transmitters
- Wide variety of optional accessories to choose from
- High quality audio, capable of smooth STEREO listening, too !(optional
stereo speaker or headphone required)
- Super-sensitive Triple Conversion circuit
- Large, illuminated display
- T/E versions come with a dry-cell case only, Japanese version is fully
accessorized with a Ni-MH battery pack, a charger and a drycell case.
- PC utility software will be free down-loadable from this site.
( Inversion scrambler decoder function is not available on USA version )
- RX frequency range: 0.100 to 1,299.995MHz * 1
- Mode: AM, FM, WFM, WFM stereo
- Antenna imp.: 50 ohms unbalanced / SMA
- Battery voltage: 3.6Vdc to 6.0 Vdc
- External DC power source: 4.5V to 16Vdc
- Battery consumption: 150mA nominal/ stand-by 75mA/ battery-save ON(1:4 cycle) 39mA
- Operating temperature: -10 to 60 C or 14 to 140 F
- Frequency stability: +/- 5 ppm at operating temperature range.
- Dimension without projection: 56(W) X 102(H) X 23 (D) mm
- Weight: 145g with Ni-MH battery pack and a rubber-duck antenna
- RX System: Triple super heterodyne
1st IF: 248.45MHz
2nd IF: 38.85MHz
3rd IF: 450KHz
- RX selectivity:
AM/FM : -6dB/12KHz or over -60dB/30KHz or less
WFM : -6dB/150KHz or over
- RX sensitivity(Typical):
FM / 30 to 550MHz : less than -3dBu/12dB SINAD, 550MHz and up: less than 0dBu/12dB SINAD)
WFM / less than 13dBu (12dBu SINAD)
AM / 0.5 to 1.62MHz : less than 17dBu (10dB S/N), 1.62MHz and up : less
than 5dBu (10dB S/N)
- AF output: Max 220mW or more (8ohms)
* 1: USA version cellular frequency blocked. Please note that due to the firmware memory capacity in CPU, the modulation mode and channel step are fixed to AM and 9KHz below 1620KHz on all versions.
Welcome to DJ-X3 programming software download site.
Please be advised that this is a freeware (copy-right reserved by Alinco,
Inc). Although we have tested this software on our Windows 95/98/NT
environments and experienced no fatal accident during the operation, we are
not responsible of any eventual damage caused to your radio and/or PC system
by using this utility. Sorry, please ask NO questions regarding this
software; up-dates will be posted here as soon as it will be released. It is
recommended that you remove the older version before you install the latest
one in case of update.
This software enables you to program frequencies and set parameters on any
version of DJ-X3 (US, Europe, Japan and Canada). The 800MHz cellular band
can't be modified by any means, and inversion scrambler decoder feature is
blocked for the "T" model according to the U.S. legal requirements.
(setupx3_1.3.2.zip ) (4.44MB)
Warning: THIS SOFTWARE IS NOT SUPPORTING DJX3S (distributed only in Japan).
This version is updated on Dec 2001with following features:
Please remember that you must have Alinco's optional ERW-4C computer
interface cable in order to connect the unit to your PC. A simple connection
cable may not work properly. The USB conversion cable may not work properly
either so please use the serial port.
- Added Tab menu for quick direct access to the various tabbed settings pages.
- Minor bugs fixed.
To operate this software the DJ-X3 must be in the "CLONE" mode. Please
connect the ERW-4C cable to a serial port and the earphone jack of the unit,
boot up the software (make sure the COM PORT setting in the Receiver menu)
then turn on the DJ-X3 with BANK key pressed (refer the instruction manual
P.46). When the operation is done and the "PASS" appears on the screen,
please turn off the unit then remove the cable from the unit.
To update this software has been tested with the Windows XP and believed to
be working properly. However, Alinco declines any and all responsibilities
for damages this software may cause to your PC hardware and/or software
installed in it.
Alinco declines any and all responsibilities for damages this software may
cause to your PC hardware and/or software installed in it.