DJ-500T/E 144MHz/430MHz FM Dualband 5W Handheld Transceiver
Amazing high performance, compact size, and full featured!
Engineered for success, this dual-bander is packed with features:
Click this image to download
a brochure in PDF(419kb)
- Large, dot-matrix, 3 color-selectable (orange,white,cherry-blossom) display and keypad
- Semi-Duplex dualband, V/V-U/U and FM broadcast receiver
- 200 memory channels, any mix of VHF/UHF
- Internal VOX
- Alphanumeric channel labels
- Direct frequency input from keypad
- Landmobile-grade signaling features
- Variety of scanning modes
- IP54 dust/splash proof, MILSPEC (STD810) vibration/shock compliant
- Wide and narrow FM TX/RX
- 12Vdc input using an optional cigar-socket adapter.
- High power Li-Ion battery pack, stand charger and beltclip included
- PC cloning capability (optional ERW-4/7 required, free utility software)
The IP54 is an European system of test specification standards for classifying the degrees of protection provided by the enclosures of electrical equipment. IP54 means the case is protected against dust limited ingress (no harmful deposit), and protection against water sprayed from all directions (limited ingress permitted).
||[T: TX] 144 - 148MHz, 420 - 450MHz
[T: RX] 136 - 174MHz, 400 - 480MHz
[E: TX/RX] 144 - 146MHz, 430 - 440MHz
||2.5, 5, 6.25, 8.33, 10, 12.5, 20, 25, 30 and 50KHz
||200 memory channels in total
||DC 7.4V (Battery)
||1400mA TX / 300mA receive at Max audio output
Battery-save ON: average 27mA
||Unit -20 ~ +55digC (-4 ~ 131digF)
Battery packs: -10digC to +45digC (+14 to +113digF)
||59.0W~98.0H~35.0D mm or 2.32W~3.86H~1.38D inches w/o projection
||approx.227g or 8.01oz inclusive of battery pack and antenna
|Approx.5 / 2.5 / 1W
||Variable reactance FM
||-60dB or less
||FM : +/- 5KHz NFM: +/- 2.5KHz
||Wide -12dBu / Narrow -9dBu
||1st IF 38.85MHz, 2nd IF 450 KHz
||-6dB : Wide 12kHz /Narrow 10kHz or more
-60dB :Wide 30kHz / Narrow 24kHz or less
||1W (10% distortion)
Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation. Specifications apply to Amateur Radio bands only. Permits required for MARS use. Product intended for use by properly licensed operators.
- EA-228 Whip antenna
- EBP-87 Li-ion 7.4V 1500mAh battery pack
- EDC-190E (220V Linear) , EDC-191E (220V / E-models) or EDC-191T (120V / T-models) AC adapter
- EBC-34 Belt clip and a strap
Accessories may differ depending on the versions. Please contact your dealer for standard accessories and warranty-policy.
- Mobile DC charging cable (EDC-198)
- Mobile DC cable (EDH-40)
- Earphone Microphone (EME-56A)
- Speaker Microphone (EMS-76)
- Li-ion Battery Pack DC 7.4V 1700mAh (EBP-88) Belt clip not included.
* Voids IP54 ingress protection when EME-56A and/or EDH-40 are in use.
DJ-500 Free Utility Software Download
Please be advised that this is a freeware. Although we have tested this software on our Windows Vista/Seven 32/64bit environments and experienced no serious accident during the operation, we are not responsible of any eventual damage caused to your radio and/or PC system by using this utility. Sorry, please do not contact us for how to use the software, as this is a very simple editor software. The updates will be posted here as soon as available. Please uninstall the older version before you install the latest one in case of update. This utility enables you to program frequencies, set parameters and save it in your PC for any version of DJ-500.
DJ-500 Clone Utility (5.2MB Installer program ver1.02)
* Click on the icon to start installation. Please select correct COM port before start using the program. Before start editing, click on the MODEL menu in the tool-bar, and select the correct version of your DJ-500. To edit memory channels, select CH page. Double-click on the cell and write the data. The Radio page is for FM broadcast station frequencies. Some features may not be available depending on the version you use (these parameters are for commercial-use and not used in amateur radio communications). Before you edit the real data, program some fake data to become familiar with the utility interface and how the radio works after programming.
Please remember that you must have Alinco's optional ERW-4C or ERW-7 computer interface cable in order to connect the unit to your PC. A simple connection cable doesn't work properly.